Doddle started out as a consumer-facing logistics company but has quickly evolved to become one of the leading players in B2B retail/e-commerce white label technology.
Our client list now comprises of some of the world’s top brands, including Amazon, M&S, JD Sports Group, Walmart, USPS, and Nike.
We have also recently launched technology partnerships with the largest national postal carriers across the globe, whose combined parcel volumes are in the billions.
We are a team of about 80 people across the UK, USA, Australia, and Japan, and are rapidly growing. We hail from many different backgrounds and cultures, but we are all singularly focused on making retail better for businesses, consumers, and the planet.
Our tech stack:
- AWS (later multi-cloud)
- NoSQL Database
- Drone CI
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Understand SDLC
- Passionate (Developer & DevOps) advocate
- Deliver well considered, clean and efficient code in various software languages, to modern code standards
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects. Perform maintenance programming and correction of any identified defects
- Make architectural decisions and design solutions to meet business requirements
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Work closely with the wider business and product teams
Job Role Experience, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience designing and building microservices
- Experience in API development
- Experience in frameworks/systems Git, Kubernetes
- Experience with Agile & Scrum development methodologies
- Proven experience as a Developer, with a successful track record of designing and implementing quality software products
- Working on enterprise-grade products – scalability, performance, security, testing
- Experience mentoring junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices, and DevOps trade-offs
- Familiarity with a cloud-native ecosystem
- Design, develop and implement unit and contract testing for existing codebases
Nice to haves:
- Unix experience
- Understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Experience debugging distributed systems
This is a contract role (outside of IR35), either located in our London, Old Street office or remotely within the UK.