Tech · London Flexible Remote
Location: Remote (UK only) / Office (London) / Hybrid
Permanent Hires: Welcome
Contract Hires: Welcome (Long-Term Only)
Salary/Day Rate: Competitive + Bens + Bonus
Criteria: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Doddle started out as a consumer-facing logistics company but quickly evolved to become one of the leading players in B2B retail/e-commerce white label technology. Our client list now comprises of some of the world’s top brands, including Amazon, M&S, JD Sports Group, Walmart and Nike.
We also have technology partnerships with the largest national postal carriers across the globe, such as USPS, Yamato & Australia Post, whose combined parcel volumes are in the billions.
We are a team of about 80 people across the UK, USA, Australia, and Japan, and are rapidly growing. We hail from many different backgrounds and cultures, but we are all singularly focused on making retail better for businesses, consumers, and the planet.
What Makes it Great to Work at Doddle:
Here are just a few points of why our tech team love working at Doddle.
- Positive, inclusive, and supportive team culture.
- Fridays to do learning and research (3pm finish).
- Flexible working hours.
- Working from home, the office, or both, it’s up to you.
- £1000/year personal training budget.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role you will work across the stack and lead a squad. You will be collaborating closely with the tech & product teams as well as the wider business to ensure that our B2B e-commerce white label software products and solutions are delivered to our usual high standard, efficiently and on time, so we can continue to delight our ever-growing global customer base.
- Have a good understand of SDLC
- White labelling products for multiple customers
- Passionate about your craft (who values continual learning)
- Deliver well considered, clean and efficient code to modern code standards
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of any identified defects
- Make architectural decisions and design solutions to meet business requirements
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
Our tech stack:
- AWS (later multi-cloud)
- NoSQL Database
- Drone CI
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience we like to see:
- Experience designing and building microservices
- Experience in API development
- Experience in frameworks/systems Git, Kubernetes
- Experience with Agile & Scrum development methodologies
- Proven experience as a Developer, with a successful track record of designing and implementing quality software products
- Working on enterprise grade products – scalability, performance, security, testing
- Experience mentoring junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- Familiarity with a cloud native ecosystem
- Design, develop and implement unit and contract testing for existing code bases
- Experience in guiding, mentoring, and supporting the wider tech team
- Enthusiastic Pioneers – We are all entrepreneurs: Innovation can come from anywhere and anyone – We ask for forgiveness not permission – Doddle follow, drive.
- Tenacious – Customer outcomes before business processes – Whatever it takes to get the job done and done right – If there is a better way, do it.
- We Back Each Other – We look after each other. Simple. – No toes: We always assume positive intent so don’t worry about treading on any toes. – Every Voice Counts.
- Always Growing – We are constantly and courageously curious. We don’t just welcome feedback, we ask for it. We celebrate achievement and learning equally