Tech · London Flexible Remote
Location: Remote (UK only) / Office (London) / Hybrid
Salary: Competitive + Bens + Bonus
Work Eligibility Criteria: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Hire Criteria: Permanent
Doddle started out as a consumer-facing logistics company but quickly evolved to become one of the leading players in B2B retail/e-commerce white label technology. Our client list now comprises of some of the world’s top brands, including Amazon, M&S, JD Sports Group, Walmart and Nike. We also have technology partnerships with the largest national postal carriers across the globe, such as USPS, Yamato & Australia Post, whose combined parcel volumes are in the billions.
We are a team of about 80 people across the UK, USA, Australia, and Japan, and are rapidly growing. We hail from many different backgrounds and cultures, but we are all singularly focused on making retail better for businesses, consumers, and the planet.
What Makes it Great to Work at Doddle:
Here are just a few points of why our team love working at Doddle.
- Positive, inclusive, and supportive team culture.
- Fridays (3pm finish).
- Flexible working hours.
- Working from home, the office, or both, it’s up to you.
- £1000/year personal training budget, plus lots of modern benefits.
What you’ll be doing:
Your role will be a key facilitator to enable Doddle autonomous teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices. You will support Scrum, Kanban, and other ways of working the team have adopted. Your role also helps the team coordinate with other teams in Doddle.
- To Facilitate the team’s progress toward team goals - continuously engaging in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- To Facilitates events – including the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective to ensure they are productive and kept within the timebox.
- To Lead team efforts in relentless improvement – helping the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitates the team retrospective.
- To Build a high-performing team – focusing on ever-improving team dynamics and performance, and coaching the team in self-management
- To Facilitate the removal of impediments – Many blocking issues will be beyond the team’s authority or may require support from other teams. The Scrum Master supports the team in addressing and eliminating these issues to improve the likelihood of achieving the objectives
- To support estimating – Guiding the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate
- To coordinates with other teams – supporting the team’s efforts to continuously improve communications and relationships with other teams.
- To enable organizational effectiveness - working with other Scrum Masters and stakeholders to help the team contribute towards improving the overall development
Our tech stack:
- AWS (later multi-cloud)
- NoSQL Database
- Drone CI
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience we like to see:
This is a collaborative role that will work across all functional areas:
- You have been a successful scrum master with excellent commination skills for at least 3 years
- You have been a developer, test engineer, or technical project manager so have enough technical knowledge to organise development work with minimal input from the engineering team.
- You will ideally have experience with B2B digital products and understand the standard of integration and global reliability required.
- You will understand and have worked in teams with high level of test automation, CI/CD.
- Enthusiastic Pioneers – We are all entrepreneurs: Innovation can come from anywhere and anyone – We ask for forgiveness not permission – Doddle follow, drive.
- Tenacious – Customer outcomes before business processes – Whatever it takes to get the job done and done right – If there is a better way, do it.
- We Back Each Other – We look after each other. Simple. – No toes: We always assume positive intent so don’t worry about treading on any toes. – Every Voice Counts.
- Always Growing – We are constantly and courageously curious. We don’t just welcome feedback, we ask for it. We celebrate achievement and learning equally