Tech · London Flexible Remote
Location: Remote or Hybrid (UK Only/Not Able to Sponsor)
Doddle started out as a consumer-facing logistics company but quickly evolved to become one of the leading players in B2B retail/e-commerce white label technology. Our client list now comprises of some of the world’s top brands, including Amazon, eBay, M&S, JD Sports Group, Walmart and Nike.
We also have technology partnerships with the largest national postal carriers across the globe, such as USPS, Yamato & Australia Post, whose combined parcel volumes are in the billions.
We are a team of about 90 people across the UK, USA, Australia, and Japan, and are rapidly growing. We hail from many different backgrounds and cultures, but we are all singularly focused on making retail better for businesses, consumers, and the planet!
What Makes it Great to Work at Doddle:
Here are just a few points of why our tech team love working at Doddle.
- Positive, inclusive and supportive team culture.
- Fridays to do learning and research (3pm finish).
- Flexible working hours.
- Working from home, the office, or both, it’s up to you.
- £1000/year personal training budget.
- Generous holiday, plus your birthday off.
What you’ll be doing:
In this Tech Lead role you will work closely with the tech & product teams as well as well as leading your own squad to ensure that our B2B e-commerce white label software products and solutions are delivered to our usual high standard, efficiently and on time, so we can continue to delight our ever-growing global, e-commerce customer base.
You’ll head up a highly skilled squad to solve complex and interesting business problems. We are always looking to use the correct tools and technologies for the task at hand, not overcomplicating things and ensuring that we add as much value to the organisations we are working with as possible. Our reputation in the market (globally) is amongst the very best and we are looking to add similar minded people to our highly skilled and collaborative team. The Technical Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Understanding business requirements and the ability to translate those into innovative and pragmatic technical solutions for our global clients.
- Demonstrating strong problem-solving skills, always thinking with the 'bigger picture' in mind.
- Utilising Agile Technical practices; TDD, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming etc.
- Writing elegant yet simple code in VanillaJS, Node.JS and, or React.js.
- Being a "Natural born problem solver".
- The following skills and experience are required:
- Stakeholder management, you can talk tech to non-techies.
- You will have been involved with all aspects of software delivery and life cycle, from inception phase to delivery.
- Understanding of design and architecture-based decision making.
- Successfully applied Agile/Scrum practices and introduced Agile techniques and may have coached teams to apply them effectively, thanks to your outstanding Agile expertise and communication skills.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ideally have 7 years + experience working in Software Engineering with 1+ year leading a team.
- Passionate about your craft (who values continual learning)
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of any identified defects
- Make architectural decisions and design solutions to meet business requirements
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
Our tech stack:
- (Vanilla, React.js, Next.js, Cypress & Node.js, Express.js)
- AWS (later multi-cloud)
- NoSQL Database (Couchbase/MongoDB)
- Drone CI
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience we like to see:
- Strong experience with Node.js or React.js
- Experience with Jest & Cypress testing
- Knowledge of AWS, Containers & Kubernetes
- Experience with Agile & Scrum development methodologies
- Experience of designing and deploying quality software products
- Working on enterprise grade products – scalability, performance, security, testing
- Design, develop and implement unit and contract testing for existing code bases
- Mentoring, guiding, and supporting the wider tech team
- Experience mentoring junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- Familiarity with a cloud native ecosystem
- Enthusiastic Pioneers – We are all entrepreneurs: Innovation can come from anywhere and anyone – We ask for forgiveness not permission – Doddle follow, drive.
- Tenacious – Customer outcomes before business processes – Whatever it takes to get the job done and done right – If there is a better way, do it.
- We Back Each Other – We look after each other. Simple. – No toes: We always assume positive intent so don’t worry about treading on any toes. – Every Voice Counts.
- Always Growing – We are constantly and courageously curious. We don’t just welcome feedback, we ask for it. We celebrate achievement and learning equally