ROLE: Principal Developer.
TERMS: Permanent - Full Time.
LOCATION: Remote or Hybrid (Remote & London Office)
We’re looking for an exceptional Principal Developer to join us in our mission to revolutionize ecommerce logistics and head up our superb development team.
Doddle is one of the leading international players in B2B e-commerce technology. We now have almost 1000 brands globally using our technology. Our client list comprises of some top brands, including Amazon, Marks and Spencer, Morrisons, as well as many fast-growing SMEs.
We have technology partnerships with the largest national postal carriers across the globe, such as The US Postal Service, Yamato & Australia Post, whose combined parcel volumes are in the billions.
We are a team of about 90 people across the UK, USA, Australia, and Japan, and are rapidly growing. We hail from many different backgrounds and cultures, but we are all singularly focused on making eCommerce logistics better for businesses, consumers, and the planet.
About the role:
Doddle’s Product and Technology teams build industry-leading products that enable carriers and retailers to deliver first class experiences to consumers, while increasing profitability and sustainability.
We are looking for a Principal Developer specialising in node.js to join our team as an outstanding technical leader. Your experience in building scalable, responsive, and resilient applications and services will enable you to influence how our teams develop software.
The role will provide a unique and varied experience, working with cross-functional teams, on a variety of technologies, and with customers across the globe.
As we are still a relatively small team, there is a significant opportunity to influence how we work, and you will see the effects of your successes everyday.
Doddle is a well-backed company which has progressed through early-stage growing pains and forged long-term relationships with key customers. We are maturing as a business and investing in our key products as we accelerate our market adoption.
This is an opportunity to bring your unique experience into a solid team that is secure, but with an open and inquisitive culture where we are keen to learn and help us take our next steps.
- Full lifecycle application development, delivering complex full stack features
- Lead development teams to deliver well considered, clean and efficient designs
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects. Perform maintenance programming and correction of any identified defects
- Make architectural decisions and design solutions to meet business requirements
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies we should consider for adoption
- Drive a creative and supportive team culture, being involved in mentoring and support for colleagues
- Work closely with the wider business and product teams
- Proven experience as a Developer, with a successful track record of designing and implementing quality software products
- Up to date experience working in node.js
- Experience of working in agile teams
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Deep architectural experience, experience designing and building Microservices
- Message driven systems
- Experience in API design
- Working on enterprise grade products – scalability, performance, security, testing
- Experience mentoring junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices
What makes it great to work at Doddle:
Here are just a few points of why our team love working at Doddle.
- We’re right at the heart of the business, making decisions which impact the lives of millions of consumers globally.
- We have an amazing set of individuals in Doddle, with experience across brands such as Apple, BBC, Amazon, Farfetch, Moonpig and many more.
- You’d be joining at the right time, as we continue to shape our technology and product culture.
- We support each other and no idea is a bad one!
- We collaborate well and are always happy to help anyone out.
- We have a learning ethos and are always trying to improve ourselves and one another (You'll get £1000/yr personal training budget and time to learn)
- We care about our people, with initiatives such as Zoom-free Fridays, and early summer finishes.
- We’re moving fast, trying stuff and having fun!
Enthusiastic Pioneers – We are all entrepreneurs: Innovation can come from anywhere and anyone – We ask for forgiveness not permission – Doddle follow, drive.
Tenacious – Customer outcomes before business processes – Whatever it takes to get the job done and done right – If there is a better way, do it.
We Back Each Other – We look after each other. Simple. – No toes: We always assume positive intent so don’t worry about treading on any toes. – Every Voice Counts.
Always Growing – We are constantly and courageously curious. We don’t just welcome feedback, we ask for it. We celebrate achievement and learning equally