Job Title: Senior Back End Developer (Node.js)
Location: Remote (UK only) / Office base London (Hybrid)
Permanent Hires: Welcome
Contract Hires: Welcome (long-term contracts only)
Doddle started out as a consumer-facing logistics company but quickly evolved to become one of the leading players in B2B retail/e-commerce white label technology. Our client list now comprises of some of the world’s top brands, including Amazon, M&S, JD Sports Group, and Walmart.
We also have technology partnerships with the largest national postal carriers across the globe, such as US Postal Service, Yamato & Australia Post, whose combined parcel volumes are in the billions.
We are a team of about 90 people across the UK, USA, Australia, and Japan, and are rapidly growing. We hail from many different backgrounds and cultures, but we are all singularly focused on making retail better for businesses, consumers, and the planet.
What Makes it Great to Work at Doddle:
Here are just a few points of why our tech team love working at Doddle.
· Great inclusive team culture.
· Friday afternoons to yourself for learning and research.
· Flexible hours.
· Working from home, the office, or both, it’s up to you.
· £1000/year personal training budget.
· Awesome benefits.
What you’ll be doing:
In this squad/team lead role you will work closely with the product teams and wider business to ensure that our software products and solutions are delivered to our usual high standard, efficiently and on time, so we can continue to delight our ever-growing global customer base.
· Deliver well considered, clean and efficient code in various software languages, to modern code standards
· Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
· Perform maintenance programming and correction of any identified defects
· Make architectural decisions and design solutions to meet business requirements
· Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
· Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
· Integrate software with existing systems
· Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
· Work closely with the wider business and product teams
Our tech stack:
· AWS & Azure
· NoSQL Database
· Drone CI
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience we like to see:
· Deep knowledge of backend node.js
· Experience designing and building microservices
· Experience in API development
· Experience in frameworks/systems Git, Kubernetes
· Experience with Agile & Scrum development methodologies
· Proven experience as a Developer, with a successful track record of designing and implementing quality software products
· Working on enterprise grade products – scalability, performance, security, testing
· Experience mentoring junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
· Familiarity with a cloud native ecosystem
· Design, develop and implement unit and contract testing for existing code bases
· Familiar with TDD
Nice to haves:
· Unix experience
· Understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
· Experience debugging distributed systems
· Enthusiastic Pioneers – We are all entrepreneurs: Innovation can come from anywhere and anyone – We ask for forgiveness not permission – Doddle follow, drive.
· Tenacious – Customer outcomes before business processes – Whatever it takes to get the job done and done right – If there is a better way, do it.
· We Back Each Other – We look after each other. Simple. – No toes: We always assume positive intent so don’t worry about treading on any toes. – Every Voice Counts.
· Always Growing – We are constantly and courageously curious. We don’t just welcome feedback, we ask for it. We celebrate achievement and learning equally