Location: Remote (Japan based applicants only)
Doddle is one of the leading international players in B2B e-commerce technology. We now have almost 1000 brands globally using our technology. Our client list comprises of some top brands, including Amazon, Nike, Uniqlo and ASOS, as well as many fast-growing SMEs.
We have technology partnerships with the largest national postal carriers across the globe, such as Yamato, The US Postal Service & Australia Post, whose combined parcel volumes are in the billions.
We are a team of just under 100 people across the UK, USA, Australia, and Japan, and are rapidly growing. We hail from many different backgrounds and cultures, but we are all singularly focused on making eCommerce logistics better for businesses, consumers, and the planet.
As Doddle continues to grow, we are looking to build out our technical and product expertise within Japan by adding an Application Support Engineer to our Technical Operations team. As a Japan-based Application Support Engineer within a broader Technical Operations Team, you will lead the way in providing excellent customer service to our APAC partners by conducting initial incident response, technical deep-diving and troubleshooting of issues, and coordinating with our UK-based Product and Development teams to fully resolve problems. While the initial focus of the role will be our key client in Japan, with time we expect the role to evolve to also encompass our key client in Australia, with expansion to potential other clients in other APAC countries on the horizon.
You will be the in-region expert of our applications and some aspects of the technical functions of the products – for example, you would be able to use Postman to verify data in an API or look at and understand Kibana logs and monitoring. If you are looking to join an inclusive, collaborative organisation with tonnes of opportunity for growth and development then we would love to hear from you!
- Build specialist knowledge of Doddle’s applications, our workflows and product features.
- Understanding of the underlying platform, APIs, data structures, execution flows and event systems.
- Evolving knowledge of the integration methods between the Doddle platform and partner systems.
- Managing tickets in an ITSM platform, responding to issues submitted by clients.
- Creation and maintenance of queries and resolutions in a knowledge base.
- Maintaining and updating of technical documentation and procedures.
- Identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Working in conjunction with development and solutioning teams to co-ordinate deployment and release schedules for clients.
- Performing customer-specific QA on Doddle Product releases.
- Defining, creating, and using tools to diagnose technical issues.
- Supporting system configuration changes to support the business goals of our clients and partners.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese & English
- Organised approach to work, displaying ownership and a desire to drive for results
- Proactive approach to protecting and developing our partnership with our customer
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to “non-technical” audiences
- Experience supporting bespoke applications in a business environment
- Enthusiastic about technology with a curiosity to find out how things work
- Ability to use tools to make API calls, examine and interpret logs, etc.
- Ability to create and use scripts in one or more languages, e.g., Python, BASH, PowerShell, etc.
- Understanding and experience of ITIL-based Incident, Problem and Change Management and Response framework.
"Nice to Have" Technology Stack Knowledge:
- AWS / Azure cloud platforms
- Zendesk / Freshdesk / ServiceNow or similar ITSM
- Atlassian Suite including JIRA / Confluence / OpsGenie
- Positive, inclusive and supportive team culture.
- Giving back days: 2 days paid leave per year can be used to volunteer for charity because what matters to you, matters to us!
- Training budget: JPY¥140,000 per annum to spend on personal or professional development.
- Holiday: 15 days annual leave per annum plus public holidays, plus an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday.
- Enthusiastic Pioneers – We are all entrepreneurs: Innovation can come from anywhere and anyone – We ask for forgiveness not permission – Doddle follow, drive.
- Tenacious – Customer outcomes before business processes – Whatever it takes to get the job done and done right – If there is a better way, do it.
- We Back Each Other – We look after each other. Simple. – No toes: We always assume positive intent so don’t worry about treading on any toes. – Every Voice Counts.
- Always Growing – We are constantly and courageously curious. We don’t just welcome feedback, we ask for it. We celebrate achievement and learning equally.