Senior Cloud Engineer
Role: Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Remote or Hybrid (UK based only)
Doddle is one of the leading international players in B2B ecommerce technology. We have technology partnerships with the largest national postal carriers across the globe, such as The US Postal Service, Yamato & Australia Post, whose combined parcel volumes are in the billions.
We are a team of about 90 people across the UK, USA, Australia, and Japan, and are rapidly growing. We hail from many different backgrounds and cultures, but we are all singularly focused on making ecommerce better for businesses, consumers, and the planet.
About the Role:
As our brand new Senior Cloud Engineer you will work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimise, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure. If you are looking to join an inclusive, collaborative organisation with tonnes of opportunity for growth and development then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Modifying and improving our existing systems.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analysing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience we like to see:
- Working experience with Docker/Kubernetes/Containerisation
- Experience with CI/CD systems.
- Experience with SysOps
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Our tech stack:
- Multiple Cloud/Region Kubernetes
- GitOps ('weave/flux' & kapitan templating)
- Drone CI
- Atlantis (for Terraform automation)
- Hashicorp Vault
- Prometheus / Grafana / Alertmanager / Thanos
- EFK Logging Stack
- MongoDB Atlas
Here are just a few points of why our team love working at Doddle:
- We support each other and no idea is a bad one!
- We have a flexible working environment and early finish Fridays
- We have a learning culture and are always trying to improve ourselves and one another (You'll get £1000/yr personal training budget and time to learn)
- Our voice is heard and listened to; we are well regarded in the company.
- We have a broad range of experience which we draw on to improve the ways of working in the whole business. And we have fun whilst doing it!
- 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays + your birthday off + volunteering days
- Enthusiastic Pioneers – We are all entrepreneurs: Innovation can come from anywhere and anyone – We ask for forgiveness not permission
- Tenacious – Customer outcomes before business processes – Whatever it takes to get the job done and done right – If there is a better way, do it.
- We Back Each Other – We look after each other. Simple. – No toes: We always assume positive intent so don’t worry about treading on any toes. – Every Voice Counts.
- Always Growing – We are constantly and courageously curious. We don’t just welcome feedback, we ask for it. We celebrate achievement and learning equally
Diversity and Inclusion
At Doddle we believe in employing a diverse workforce and recognise that an inclusive workplace is key to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on the applicant’s experience and skills. We value what each of our unique employees has to offer our business.
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
If you have any further questions we haven’t been able to answer, drop our Talent Team a message at email@example.com
Senior Cloud Engineer
Loading application form